PUBG Console Update 4.2 is out! Prior to taking a look at the PUBG Console update today, just make sure you read the major announcement from a part on “Inside Xbox” from August 19.
PUBG Console Season 4 has been finally started, which already closed the gap between PC and PUBG Console Patch Notes. The latest PUBG Console Update definitely brings a wide range of new features as well as new contents to all gamers, especially you can try out Cross Network Play in October. The PUBG Console development team will keep working hard and putting their efforts into giving the best PUBG experience possible to all players from around the world. Are you ready for PUBG Console Patch Notes?
But first, let’s have a look at PTS and Live Maintenance schedules as shown below:
- PDT: August 21st, 7:00 PM – August 27th, 4:00 AM (until live server maintenance is finished)
- CEST: August 22nd, 4:00 AM – August 27th, 1:00 PM (until live server maintenance is finished)
Live Maintenance Schedule:
- PDT: August 26th, 10:00 PM – August 27th, 4:00 AM
- CEST: August 27th 7:00AM – 1:00PM
For your PUBG Console Season 4 experience and trying out the new content on the PTS, all players will receive the Premium Survivor Pass and 20 levels when they log into the event on the PTS. Make sure that all of these rewards will be triggered in Shop -> My Items.[php slug=”ads-con-img”]
About PTS (Public Test Server)
The PTS (stands for Public Test Server) is known as a different PUBG server free for players who have already purchased a copy of PUBG game. The reason why this test server is created is to give a preview of forthcoming features and to search for issues and bugs that must be fixed as soon as possible. By buying a copy of PUBG, you are fully eligible to partake in the test.
Keep in mind that all of your statistics, data, etc. from the test server will not be brought to your live server account.
- If you are an Xbox user:
- You can go to the Microsoft Store or the My Games and Apps menu to find and download “PUBG – Public Test Server”.
- If you are a PS4 user:
- You can go into the Purchased section of your Library where you can search for the “PUBG – Public Test Server”
PUBG Console New Patch Notes Today
Erangel Visual Update
Ever since the release of PUBG Consoles, millions of gamers have been placed into Erangel where they engaged in ruthless battles, which is why the developers made a decision on doing something about the visual update to this Erangel map. They aimed to provide the most classic map in line with more recent offers without losing the charms and magic that made it the most favorite map of gamers all the time. The graphical quality of PUBG Erangel map has become strongly upgraded with plenty of areas and terrains throughout the board.
Although there is a wide range of secrets to unravel and many updated zones to discover when you enter the map, just simply take a look at several zones with big updates now:[php slug=”ads-con-txt”]
Many terrain alterations
- The current terrain, signage, and buildings have been significantly updated. You can notice that there is extra number of buildings added to several areas.
- Some terrain elements have been attached or re-altered in order to better decorate the history of Erangel.
- Added some trenches, blast marks, camo nets as well as deserted tanks to all different places of the map.
- Now, you will see some barriers along the shore in several areas.
PUBG Erangel now has overcast weather
- A battle will now commence with overcast weather on Erangel map, causing the weather to alter dynamically throughout the course of the battle between overcast, windy, light rain, hail, heavy rain, and fog.
- There are some destructible objects popping up on the map, such as pylons and barricades. Players can use their vehicles, explosions, and weapons to destroy them. However, these objects will have a restricted amount of cover until they are completely broken.
PUBG Console Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath
Whenever a new PUBG season comes out, there is always a brand new Survivor Pass for everyone to experience. Are you ready for PUBG Console Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH? This new pass will partly expose the past and present of PUBG Erangel through items and skins from the wide history of the island. With more than 100 awesome rewards to unlock by getting a wide range of missions done and raising your pass’s level, you will definitely earn yourself a huge amount of fun and more experiences. A completely new thing added to AFTERMATH is the cooperative mission system in which players are allowed to team up with each other to finish mission goals and gain rewards.
The duration for the pass has been cut down to 8 weeks rather than 12 weeks, throughout the process of decreasing the update gap between PUBG PC and PUBG Consoles. To make up for this, the amount of XP earned from gameplay and missions has been grown by 50%. Also, there was an improvement made to the mission change system, letting you use your earned BP to change more missions than before.[php slug=”ads-con-img”]
Survivor Pass Period
- As mentioned above, the duration for Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath will be 8 weeks, starting on August 27th after the live maintenance and finishing on October 22nd, 2:00 AM PDT /11:00 AM CEST.
Premium Pass and Level-up Items
- You are fully able to buy the Survivor Pass and Level-up items until October 21st, 1:00 AM PDT /10:00 AM CEST.
- You must buy level-up items in 5, 20, 30, and 50 level amounts in the store.
New Cooperative Mission System
- With the new cooperative mission system brought to you by Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH, you can team up with other players to complete mission goals and earn rewards.
- The mission progression gauge is viewable on the mission tab. With each step you complete, you will get rewards.
- Every player has to go through 5 stages, each of them brings an exclusive reward when completing.
Improved Mission Change System
- One player is able to change up to 3 daily missions per day for free. You can spend BP to change extra daily or weekly missions.
- If all 3 daily missions are completed, you can spend 1,500 BP on a new set of daily missions.
- When new rewards are unlocked, you will be permitted to enter straightly to the appearance tab by simply clicking the button in the popup.
Increased XP Reward
- Since the duration of the pass is not as long as the PC, there was an increase in the amount of XP earned from gameplay and finishing missions.
- You will still get XP boost 50% item automatically when logging in while the pass is active.
- The amount of XP earned from gameplay is grown by 50%.
- You will still get XP boost 50% item automatically when logging in while the pass is active.
- When finishing all missions, they give you 50% more XP.
General Mission Details
- Mission update schedule
- Daily Missions: Daily reset at 02:00 PDT / 11:00 CEST
- Weekly Missions: Weekly reset at 02:00 PDT / 11:00 CEST every Tuesday
- Premium, Season, and Challenge Missions: Available to finish during the course of PUBG Season 4.
- For the missions on the PTS, they will experience the reset daily at 19:00 PDT / 04:00 CEST
- Premium Missions: People who have already bought the Survivor Pass can join these extra missions. They will get rewards when finishing a set of missions.
- Season Missions: They are accessible during PUBG Season 4. There are 5 mission sets (2 for free and 3 for pass holders). Finishing them all will receive new rewards.
Survival Title System Season 4 (Preseason)
Are you ready for the commencement of Survival Title System Season 4 Preseason? There was a change in terms of numbering the patch to PUBG Update 4.2 rather than Xbox Update #10 / PS4 Update #7. The Season 3 is skipped and here comes the Season 4. The development team wants to ensure that the rewards for PUBG Console Season 2 were the same as the Season 3 rewards from PC. Therefore, there are no rewards missed out from what was available on the PC.
You will get access to PUBG Console Season 4 Preseason for around 1 month, all of SP you have earned throughout the Preseason will be moved when the Season 4 is officially out. The developers decided to give 1,000 SP to players who reached a certain milestone throughout Season 4 Preseason as a thank you gift for their understanding because of having two weeks of the off-season and the shorter duration of the official Season 4.
Season 4 Preseason Schedule
- Beginning: As soon as the live update maintenance finishes on August 27th.
- Ending: As soon as the live update commences on Early October.
- Your SP will be collected throughout PUBG Season 4 Preseason, and with the amount of SP you have earned, it will be moved to Season 4 when it officially starts.
- 1,000 SP will be given to people reaching above 2,000 SP throughout Season 4 Preseason when Season 4 starts.
Leaderboard & more
- There will be a reset made to your career stats from Season 4 Preseason as soon as Season 4 officially commences.
- There was a strong increase in SP gains in PUBG Maps: Erangel, Miramar, and Vikendi in order to make SP gained more just on all maps with the same time played.
In PUBG PC Season 4, the weapons and vehicles were made to become more balanced. With this PUBG Console Patch, there are some balance adjustments done to current weapons, items, and even vehicles. Make sure you send your feedback on the balancing so the development team can know what to fix to make it much better.[php slug=”ads-con-img”]
Weapon & Item Balance Update
- Base damage of Kar98k was increased from 75 to 79.
- Per pellet base damage of S12K was increased from 22 to 24.
- Per pellet base damage of Sawed-off was increased from 20 to 22.
- Per pellet base damage of S686, S1897 wad increase from 24 to 26.
- Effective damage over distance for all SMGs in the game was grown.
- Damage multipliers for SMGs were somewhat increased: Torso 1.05 (formerly 1.0), Limb 1.3 (formerly 1.25).
- Damage multipliers for Crossbow were increased: Torso 1.4 (formerly 1.0), Limb 1.2 (formerly 0.9).
- Increased ADS zoom for default crossbow sight by 3%.
- Decreased the laser sight attachment dispersion multiplier for pistols from 0.5 to 0.3 (non-ads firing with pistols will be 70% more accurate when the laser is equipped)
- Base damage of M24 was decreased from 79 to 75.
- Base damage of Beryl M762 was decreased from 47 to 46.
- Base damage of AKM and Groza was decreased from 49 to 47.
- Base damage of M416, G36, QBZ, SCAR-L, and AUG was decreased from 43 to 41.
- The maximum bullet travel distance of all PUBG Shotguns experienced a reduction, from 1000m to 150m.
- The bullets will be now given out by duckbill attachment in a vertical way rather than horizontal way.
- The crossbow is now equipped with a visible tracer following the trajectory of the bolt so players can aim more easily.
- The top rail was attached to Uzi to accept Red Dot and Holographic Sights attachments.
Vehicle Balance Update
- The handling of RWD vehicles, including Buggy, Mirado, Rony, Motorbike, Snowbike, Snowmobile, Scooter, and Tukshai, was much more improved than before.
- Already improved and bettered the common and three-seater motorbikes stabilization.
- The maximum speed of Scotter was much increased from 90 to 105 kph.
- The handling of Buggy was also strongly bettered, and the durability of the wheels of Buggy was developed by 50%.
- The maximum speed of Buggy was much increased as well, from 92/115 to 100/125 kph (no boost/boost).
- The HP of UAZ was developed from 900 to 1200.
- The HP of Tukshai was also grown from 500 to 1000, and the maximum speed of this vehicle was also grown from 70 to 85 kph.
- The HD of Mirado was lessened from 1000 to 900.
- The in-game Motorbikes will now absorb around 50% more fuel than before.
- The acceleration and the boost multiplier rate for Dacia was also lessened, but there was no change made to the maximum speed.
- The speed of Dacia and Mirado will now be lessened by roughly 15% when players drive them on some terrains, such as mud, grass, sand, and dirt.
- If you drive a vehicle on the rocky surface, the friction will be lessened by 10%, which causes them to be harder to control.
- The new Buggy and Mirado sounds were carried out.
- Eliminated the visual effect while utilizing boost, and it was replaced with high RPM engine sounds.
- The aiming while sitting inside vehicles was much improved to become steadier.
- The FPP camera view inside most of the vehicles also experienced an improvement.
- Vehicles now in PUBG Console Season 4 are armed with an auto-acceleration feature which is the same as an auto-run feature. By double tapping ‘RT(Xbox)/R2(PS4)’ key just like auto-run, you can easily trigger off the Auto-Acceleration feature.
- The vehicle – BRDM-2 is now equipped with the locking mechanism. This means that the teammates are only the ones who can enter this vehicle. When all of them leave the vehicle, it will unlock, permitting any other players to get in.
- You can now easily play preset music using the Car Audio feature while you are sitting inside a car.
- The driver is the only one who can toggle this feature.
- Even after players leave the vehicle, this feature will also stay active.
- If you toggle the audio inside a vehicle, the random music will be played whenever you do it.
- You can play or stop the music using the Right key (D-Pad).
- The volume set in Settings – Audio – Gameplay – Gameplay Volume will be used to adjust the volume of the music.
- After a full song, the music will no longer play.
- You can stop the music easily by demolishing or making the vehicle sink in water.
Some improvements for Healing and Boost Item
- While you are moving, you can easily use healing and boost items from now on.
- However, you cannot walk faster while using them.
- If you want to stop the healing or boosting on PUBG Console, you simply use X(Xbox)/Square(PS4) or run/jump keys.
- Keep using bandages until your health can be refilled up to 75% or until you have no bandages left. You don’t have to manually use them a lot of times.
- To cancel the healing, simply use X(Xbox)/Square(PS4) or run/jump keys
- It is impossible for First Aid Kits to heal extra damage you take after the beginning of the healing.
- Med Kits and Adrenaline Syringes will not take up one inventory space per item held anymore, but now, they will pile up in the inventory.
Improvements for Visual Effects
- The visuals of the Molotov Cocktail were redesigned and optimized.
- The weapon and vehicle shaders were upgraded and optimized.
- The Frag Grenade explosion effects were upgraded and optimized.
- Depending on the terrain that the Frag Grenades explodes on, they will have different effects.
- The muzzle flash effects were made different and optimized for every weapon.
Vehicle Engine Toggle
- When you use Left key (D-Pad), you can toggle vehicle engines easily.
- While driving, or after having momentum, you can turn it off. The vehicle engine can be also utilized for tactical maneuvers.
- When you turn it off, if you want to speed up, just press RT(Xbox)/R2(PS4), and to start it again, you have to press Left key (D-Pad).
- If the vehicle doesn’t make any moves for 8 seconds or 2 seconds after the driver leaves it, the vehicle engines will stop automatically.
Modified Throwables Friction
- The rolling movement of throwables is now more consistent and predictable due to the modified friction.
- Smoke Grenades
- The rolling speed is now slower because the friction force has been grown, and this will make them roll a shorter distance after touching surfaces.
- Stun Grenades & Frag Grenades
- The rolling speed is now faster since the friction force has been reduced. The distance they can travel after touching surfaces was increased.
- Smoke Grenades
Enhanced Visibility of Reticles Against Bright Backgrounds
- Already made an enhancement to all sight and scope reticles against the bright backgrounds.
Changed Erangel Blue Zone Balance
Blue Zone on PUBG Erangel map had some changes in terms of gameplay thanks to the feedback sent from players:
- There was a reduction in the size of the safe zone in the early phases
- There was a reduction in Blue Zone waiting time in early and mid-game phases.
- There was a reduction in the movement speed of the Blue Zone throughout some mid and late phases.
- There was a reduction in the Blue Zone waiting time for the last phase.
Turntable Added to Erangel
- There is a new playable Turntable added to the game. You can find it throughout Erangel map.
- Turntables pop up on Erangel in a random way. To toggle the music, use X(Xbox)/Square(PS4)
- You can destroy turntables easily. When destroyed, it will not deal any damage to you.
- Nearby players can hear the music that is being played on the Turntable.
- After a song, the music will automatically stop playing.
Featured Map (No Change)
- There was no change made to the Featured Map, which means it will still be “Erangel” so players can enjoy the Erangel Visual Update.
Radio Message Option
Some players have sent their feedback on the Radio Message system to the development team. The developers understand that the usability of this system is not high and it is so difficult to use on Console. Although the team is trying to improve the system, they still want to bring an option to the players so they can toggle the Radio Message anytime. They are working on a console-friendly Radio Message system that can be carried out in the near future.
- Added Settings – Gameplay – Radio Message option
- When you toggle the option, you can choose between Radio Message and Quick Marker
Rate of Fire enhancement based on FPS
- Made an improvement to the rate of fire so it will not be much more impacted by FPS.
- The amount of bullets fired has no changes, which means it will be the same even throughout instances of frame drops.
Adjusted Vikendi Ambient Noise
- There was a reduction in the volume of Vikendi’s ambient wind noise
Adjusted Plane UI
- The Plane map UI now changes its size in a dynamical way when zooming in the map.
Weapon Mastery UI Improvements
- Some UI elements in PUBG are now much more enhanced, including icons and sides of the layout in the Mastery tab.
- The Last Match Report notification displayed at the upper right side of the lobby will not appear anymore if there is no Weapon Mastery XP gained in the last match.
- Already made a fix to the time bonus values, which were shown in the match result screen wrongly.
Menu background and character rendering
- Made an improvement to the effects to suit the lobby background much better.
In-game HUD Improvement
- Now, helmet and vest health will be shown on the UI with better visual graphics, together with Backpack capacity.
- Now, weapon firing mode is shown by icons, rather than text.
- Some HUD and UI elements will not be shown anymore when waiting to begin a match. This will help lessen unessential clutter.
- Now, you will see the game version number, server identifier and other information under the minimap, rather than the HP bar.
Emote UI Improved
- There was a reduction in the wheel size. Plus, the location of it has been transferred from the middle to the right side of the screen.
- Made an improvement to the wheel responsiveness
- The screen blurring effect around the wheel UI was eliminated
- There was a reduction in the total emote wheel slots, which was from 12 to 8.
- Made an improvement to the map loading speed.
- Made some improvements to lessen the circumstances of hitching or stuttering.
- Made an optimization to the calculation of character movement outside the field of view of players in order to enhance the performance.
- Made an improvement to loading and rendering speed of buildings on Erangel (only for Live Server).
Custom Match (Xbox, Live Server)
- The spectate feature has already been enabled again. Also, the hosts can easily watch the custom matches again.
- Bear in mind that this is a short-term feature and the development team is still working on it to have a steadier and stronger spectate feature within some forthcoming PUBG updates.
Skins & Items (only for Live Server)
- Survivor Pass 4
- Premium Pass
- Level Up coupons
- Survivor Pass 4 coupon shop items
- PUBG – Aftermath Pack
- Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH
- 5 Levels
- A set of Punk Destruction skin (4 pieces)
- Punk Spaulder Leather Jacket (Red)
- Metallic Punk Jeans (Silver)
- Collar Bone Jet Fighter – Helmet (Level 1)
- Metallic Boots (Silver)
- PUBG – Supply Pack: Season 4
- 1,600 G-coin
- Cheerleasder Skin set (4 pieces)
- Shako Cheerleader Hat
- Cheerleader Sweater
- Cheerleader Skirt
- Cheerleader Sneakers
- BP Shoes x 6
- Rabbit Season Set
- BattleStat weapon skin is now available
- Since a BattleStat weapon skin is already used, the number of players destroyed with that weapon is recorded or shown on the skin.
- To see the number of kills with that weapon, simply hold Left (D-Pad) in the game
- Now you can see the tag [BATTLESTAT] in the weapon skin page’s preview screen, not only in front of the item’s name and the number of kills made with that skin.
- Only when the original owner of the skin is utilizing the skin, then the kills will be recorded.
- If a certain player who is not the owner of the skin collects a weapon with the BattleStat weapon skin applied to it, the panel displaying the number of kills will be inaccessible and therefore, the new kills will not be recorded.
- With the controller preset A and B, you can only trigger the radio messages by double pressing R-Stick (XBOX)/R3(PS4) (PTS only)
- There will be a fix for this problem after the live maintenance on August 27th
- Made a solution to a problem in which charms would make the game crash occasionally (only for Live Server)
- Made a solution to a problem in which map boundary collision could stop the parachute from positioning.
- Already solved an issue in which smoke grenades would be capable of floating above the ground in some particular cases.
- Made a fix to a problem in which teammate UI was not shown correctly in Platoon Mode custom matches (Xbox only)
- Made a fix to a problem in which Care Packages would have a chance to fall outside of the playable area.
- Made a fix to a problem in which players could get damage unintentionally when they were leaving a vehicle in water.
- Solved a problem which was a reason causing the R1895 animation to be played on another weapon in some particular circumstances in FPP.
- Made a solution to an issue in which the Extended Quickdraw mag did not enhance the reload the time correctly for the Tommy Gun and Vector.
- Made a fix to a problem in which players that are at the back of the walls could take damage from vehicles in some particular situations.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the reload animation could be canceled but still accept a full reload when dropping other equipped arsenals.
- Solved a problem in which some rounds from other players could be heard when they were spectating and changing between teammates.
- Solved a problem in which players could go into the BRDM-2 at speeds higher than planned, without taking damage.
- Made a fix to a problem of missing some empty shells when reloading the AWM and M24.
- Solved a problem in which the reloading sound from Scorpion and Deagle sounds could be louder than other handguns.
- Solved a graphical problem within some buildings of Vikendi.
- Solved a problem in which wall collision was missing in some areas in Hacienda del Patron on Miramar.
- Solved a problem in which collision was missing in some building walls of Paradise Resort on Sanhok.
- Made a fix to an issue in which other characters landing in parachutes for a time being go into the ground when the network environment is not good.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the character footstep sounds can’t be heard when players were moving backward against the corners of objects.
- Made a fix to a problem where throwables seem to be cut off or shaking when the network environment is not good.
- Solved a problem in which throwables would roll for a very long period of time when it was rolling on the slope.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the reverse speed of Aqua rail is nearly similar to when it is going forward.
- Solved a problem in which players could hear a continuous audible collision when a vehicle static against the terrain.
- Made a solution to a problem in which players could hear First Aid Kit, Adrenaline syringe, an Energy drink from the spectator point of view.
- Made a solution to a problem in which vehicles can jitter and gradually go down the slope when it is being parked on an angled slope.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the weapon scope zoom is reset after some particular actions have been carried out.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the character animation is changed when using an emote while influenced by a Molotov.
- Fixed a problem in which players could hear the weapon dropping sound when they dropped the weapon.
- Fixed a problem in which the players could see a faintly cross-shaped line when the holographic reticle brightness is maximized.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the BRDM-2 can occasionally sink when a player summons it using a flare gun above water.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the boost gauge will keep showing even after the UI has been deactivated if under the influence of a boost.
- Solved an issue in which a placed marker location is switched on the compass when the map or inventory is opened for some times.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the names of players are shown wrongly when observing a player in a disconnected state.
- Fixed a problem in which raindrops traverse some vehicle roofs.
- Fixed a bug in which the footsteps can be emitted from dead players intermittently.
- Fixed a bug in which controller guide text shows up when observing after getting killed in a squad match.