PUBG Season 4 finally came to its conclusion, and now people can say hi to PUBG Season 5 for a new experience. There is a wide array of gameplay updates and features packed in this new season of PUBG PC. You must take this chance to explore them all!
PUBG PC Update 5.1 will soon arrive on the test server and it carries PUBG Miramar update, Survivor Pass: Badlands, Community Mission, throwable melee weapons, etc. with it. The new season promises to make the PUBG game much better, especially when players are able to throw the weapons to inflict more damage on enemies. You can watch a short video about Executive Producer TS Jang talking about the new PUBG season before diving into PUBG 5.1 patch notes!
What are the new features and gameplay updates brought to you by PUBG PC 5.1?
PUBG Miramar new updates
- LA Muerte Vamos Track
- Added LA Muerte Vamos Track to Miramar map in PUBG Season 5.
- This track is full of new objects that players must get through, such as jumps, ramps, loops, and signboards. You will catch sight of these objects in every area on the Miramar map.
- New Gold Mirado
- This is a brand new vehicle you can drive on the Miramar map. The new car can be found parked in Hacienda del Patron.
- Made an adjustment to several terrains in Hacienda del Patrol. This means you will be able to ride this Gold Mirado without any difficulty.
- You will see only one Gold Mirado appear in each match.
- Wiped out all trash and small objects to make Miramar cleaner
- There are many small objects and a lot of trash in many buildings. However, they are now all cleared so players can search for items more easily.
There was an upgrade in the item spawn balance for Miramar
- There was a strong increase in weapon and scope spawning rates at long range to suit the long-range battles that normally occurred across Miramar.
- AR – 12% increase
- DMR – 29% increase
- SR – 42% increase
- Win94 – 30% increase
- Scopes – 18% increase
- There was a 31% reduction in the pistol spawn rate
- There was a slight increase in the helmet, bag, and vest spawn rates.
- Vending Machines are now available in Miramar and Camp Jackal. With the appearances of these machines, you will definitely have another looting experience instead of just simply collecting items that are dispersed on the floor.
- Painkillers and Energy Drinks can be obtained from the Vending Machines.
- You can only find Vending Machines in Miramar and Camp Jackal.
- The Vending Machines can be randomly seen at several set locations in Miramar.
- Locations: Gas stations, Casino, Arenas, Motels, and commercial buildings.
- Vending Machines can be seen at the warehouse and gas station in Camp Jackal.
- The Vending Machines can be randomly seen at several set locations in Miramar.
- In case you are lucky, you may even get Energy Drinks from the Vending Machines at the same time.
- You can use Vending Machines as a cover too. But, you have to be careful when turning them into a cover for yourself. Vending Machines are protected by top-notch technology. When it takes damage, it may reveal your location to your opponent.
Survivor Pass: Badlands
PUBG Season 5 brings Survivor Pass back to you! It’s time to explore Survivor Pass: Badlands, PUBG Season 5 Royale Pass, and many awesome PUBG Season 5 Rewards. They will make your gaming experiences much more awesome. Besides, with the brand new community mission system, you will be able to play with friends and all of you can explore the mysteries of Miramar.
Community Mission System
Even if you already purchased PUBG Premium pass or not, you will always be able to play with your friends to make the Community accomplishment gauge full. A lot of skins will be given to you when you complete it and you can even unravel all the secrets of Miramar.
- If you search for new mystery collectibles that are dispersed on the Battlegrounds, you will be able to full the mission gauge fast.
- As soon as you have discovered and unlocked special Cardboard boxes, you can collect one of the three discrepant objects.
- After you have collected them, they will appear on the Community Mission accomplishment gauge like this:
- Disc piece: This indicates 1 point toward Community Missions Goal
- Broken disc: This indicates 2 points toward Community Missions Goal
- Old DVD: This indicates 3 points toward Community Missions Goal
- You are also able to check the number of discs you already owned in the inventory.
- Make sure you also check your contribution points to the community missions from the Survivor Pass’s community mission tab.
- There are two tracks you will experience in PUBG Season Missions, including Melee and Badlands.
- Melee Track: The combined missions feature 2 missions each (meaning 4 missions in total). The melee weapons are used for these missions, and you will get melee weapon skins as rewards.
- Badlands Track: The combined missions feature 4 missions each (meaning 8 missions in total), you will get 2 Miramar related skins as rewards.
- When you advance through missions during season 5, a lot of XP will be given to you. There are three mission tracks and one track for completing milestones in PUBG Progression Missions.
- Track 1, 2: 10 missions with increasing difficulty. These missions are accessible for all players.
- Track 3: 12 missions with increasing difficulty. Only the ones that bought the Premium Pass are able to engage in them.
- Milestone: The missions for obtaining some achievements in relation to daily, weekly, and challenge missions.
- For example: Finish 100 total daily missions.
- These high-level challenge missions offer you awesome rewards using designated weapons.
- First mission of every track: Regardless of buying Premium Pass or not, you must attempt to reach Survivor Pass levels (5, 10, 15, 20, 25) to receive a T-Shirt reward.
- Second mission of every track: Do your best to finish the weapon specific missions as you wear the shirt you received from the first mission.
- Remaining mission in each track: Plenty of different weapon specific missions.
Level-up items for Premium Pass mission rewards
- Level-up items have been attached to one of the premium pass mission rewards.
- These items cannot be found in the market. They will be available and triggered in the next season (PUBG Season 6).
Survivor Title System
Thanks to the coming of Survivor Title System Season 5, there are some big changes to the Survivor Points (SP) system.
- At the beginning of PUBG Season 5, you will receive rewards for Survivor Title System Season 4.
- There is a soft reset for SP. Your performance in previous PUBG Season will also be used for your beginning SP in season 5
- Made a balance to the Survivor Point again:
- Beginner (1 point) ~ Expert (5000 points)
- The amount of SP obtained from each match was increased in order to assist players to increase their titles.
- Your points are completely alright in this SP bracket, which is the same as the previous season.
- Survivor (Over 6000 points)
- Kills and placement of players of Survivor Rank are important to consider. If the rank is in the bottom 30% overall in a match, there will be a reduction in a certain amount of their SP.
- Hence, you need to ensure that your SP will not be below 6000.
- Beginner (1 point) ~ Expert (5000 points)
New gameplay updates
Win94 is back
PUBG Win94 is finally back with new upgrades and improvements. Win94 now uses a 2.7 scope that is impossible to remove, but other specs of it remained unchanged.
- You can only spot PUBG Win94 in Miramar.
- Added a feature that allows you to throw items to teammates.
PUBG Season 5 brings you a feature that lets you throw requested items to your team members.
- When a team member asks you to send them healing or ammo items via radio messages (the mouse wheel scroll), you will see an icon above their head. With this icon, you can toss the requested items to them without taking too much time. To carry out this action, use button (F)
- You are able to throw the items to the teammates a maximum of 15m
- If you run faster or if you are in a position that is not easy to reach, you will not be able to throw items to your teammates, and the items will come down to the ground nearby.
- The items that are thrown by your team members will directly enter your inventory
- If your inventory has no space for them, they will come onto the ground at your feet.
In PUBG Season 5, you can throw melee weapons
- Feel free to deal damage to your enemies by throwing PUBG Melee weapons.
- You can pile up plenty of melee weapons in your inventory. You can also carry them with you at the same time.
- There are two melee damage categories when the melee weapons are thrown:
- Machete, Crowbar, Sickle: You can toss these melee weapons a maximum of 40. There is a reduction in damage range from 75 to 25 based on the distance.
- Pan: You can throw this weapon a maximum of 30m, which is pretty much shorter than the mentioned ones above. There is a reduction in damage range from 90 to 40 based on the distance.
- If you want to inflict more damage on enemies, you must attack them within 15m. The damage you give out will start decreasing if you attack them from a 15-30/40 distance.
- All you need to do is to toss one melee weapon to the head of the enemies without a helmet on so you can slay them from within 15m distance.
- Use RMB as you hold a melee weapon, and then use LMB to toss it.
- You will see a trajectory when you aim, which is similar to grenades.
Special changes for Erangel
- After Phase 3, you will no longer see the Red Zones
- You will find vehicles more often on common and mountain roads.
Made an upgrade to Customize UI
- Categories have been merged by the item type. With the filter feature, it will be easier for you to look at every item type.
- You can easily check multi-slot (Top+bottoms, Hair+face, etc) items from private categories and multi-slot category.
- The development team has received the players’ feedback. Most of them said that they found it difficult to click the back button. Therefore, a change was made to the size and the button location so players can now click it easily.
- As soon as at least one new item has been obtained, the number of the obtained items will be seen by the highest category (e.g. wardrobe, weapon, gear) and also, you will see a yellow marker by the subcategory+ (e.g. head, torso, legs, feet) when there are brand new items appearing in the inventory.
Improved Store UI
- When you have no money for items, you will be taken to the charging page by a button, rather than the purchase button.
Improved In-game UI
- Made an improvement to the shooting mode display so the players will now be able to see the ammo information with more details.
- Made an upgrade to the key guide icon in the game.
- In the system menu, there is now a new animation as you hover over some options.
- Made a change to several on-screen texts shown in Training Mode. The aim of this change is to suit the mode much better.
- Made a strong optimization to the cities in PUBG Erangel. This will help solve some hitching and freezing issues.
- Made a strong optimization to the physics engine of vehicles to fit client and server performance.
- There was a reduction in the driving sound volume for some PUBG vehicles.
- UAZ, Snowbike, Bike, Zima, Mirado, Motorbike w/ Sidecar, Minibus, and BRDM-2
- Besides, there was a reduction in the audible range, frequency, and volume of the insect buzzing sound that you may hear in some buildings.
- There was a reduction in the volume of water-related ambient sounds, such as the wave and river sounds.
- Made an adjustment to the sound of Ledge Grab on wooden and metal objects to fit the material better.
PUBG Zombie Mode now has some limited presets
PUBG Zombie Mode now features some new settings to make the players’ experience better.
- Zombie Elimination: If a human surrenders to a zombie attack, they will turn themselves into a zombie in this version of Zombie mode.
- A team will become Humans and the other players will become Zombies
- If a zombie attacks you, you will be infected. If you die, you will be a zombie after a short time.
- Zombie Survival: You must do your best to get through the chaotic battle for as long as possible and attempt to be the last man standing to bring victory to your team.
- Triggered the time limit! If a human survivor remains alive when the timer is finished, the victory will go to the human team.
- Humans will get infected once attacked by zombies. If they die, they will become zombies after a short time.
- Zombies are able to respawn in this update.
- Zombie Royale: This mode is similar to the battle royale game but with a twist. If zombies kill all humans, then humans will turn into zombies.
- If there is a human player surviving until the end of combat, the human team will win according to the basic rules of Battle Royal.
- Rules of the circle and rules for spawning settings are nothing different from the public match.
- When players touch down on the ground, they will be infected. Therefore, if one person dies, he will become a zombie and can respawn one more time.
- The condition for making games with these new presets is that you have to become the official PUBG Partners. Feel free to join the new zombie mode with any PUBG Partners that you like.
Ground respawn is a great feature that is now available in War Mode (Platoon battle option) and War Mode: Conquest
You will not see any movement path or front line for PUBG War Mode (Platoon battle option) and War Mode: Conquest, though these modes are 1:1 matches between two teams. Since there is a difficulty of playing with strategies after players have jumped out of the plane, players can come down on the ground without using parachutes thanks to an option created. Furthermore, they are able to spawn in the battle again after getting destroyed.
- If you select “Platoon Battle” in the battle scale options, you will be able to step into the ground again by default.
- Four options for the respawn types are primary air-dropping, with other newly-added options, such as:
- Death location
- This option lets you respawn on the area you died after a time
- Starting location
- This option lets you respawn on the preset beginning location after you die.
- Chosen respawning location
- Feel free to respawn on the chosen area after you die. You can select the area anytime you want throughout gameplay from the starting location, or teammate, or even the taken location.
- If the chosen taken area is vacant, meaning you didn’t pick it, the respawn area will change to the nearest taken area or the beginning area automatically.
- If the chosen teammate already meets his end and you don’t pick them, the respawn area will change to the beginning area automatically.
- Make sure you already become the official PUBG Partners before creating games using these new presets. You will have fun with spawning rules with the PUBG Partners that you like.
- Death location
- You can set the respawn time at your own will in the option.
There was already another option added to limit throwables amount in Custom Match
- Thanks to this option in the Custom Match, the host is able to create the maximum amount of throwables for each player.
Improved observing UI
- Made improvements to some elements, such as name layouts, team lists, kill feeds, and player lists UIs.
There is a wide array of theme elements added to celebrate the PUBG Global Championship organized in November. Throughout the PGC 2019 season, there will be a special alteration made to the game lobby.
- PUBG game now has PUBG Global Championship decals and billboards attached.
- Added a PGC 2019 plane banner as well.
- Completed all the work on the Erangel Hall of Fame in the north of Shelter.
- Many elements were added to the game to celebrate the time from the PUBG Global Invitational 2018. Maybe, you will get access to more special elements that will be added to the Hall of Fame in the future.
- Made an adjustment to the light balance of Vikendi to decrease the overall glare.
The replay system has undergone a big upgrade, meaning you cannot use the replay files from the former updates anymore.
- Fixed a problem with constant collision noises when a certain vehicle stays still against objects or terrain.
- Made a fix to a visual error about coat skin that kept going in a strange way while in the lobby.
- Made a fix to a bug in which you cannot see the weapons in the inventory in War Mode and War Mode: Conquest settings when you choose some equipment kits.
- Already fixed a bug in which the frame drop happens infrequently in Training mode.
- Already fixed a bug in which dynamic weather effects would grow dim for players who rejoined a battle after staying disconnected.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the footstep sounds didn’t emit when a player made his way through some water puddles.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the chambering animation did not exhibit the number of loaded bullets when the S1987 reload was called off.
- Made a fix to an issue in which melee weapon damage did not have any effects on vehicles.
- Made a solution to a bug when watching made backpack and vest status show up wrongly.
- Made a fix to a problem in which players could not hear their own crouched footsteps occasionally while they didn’t wear any shoes and were making their way through a puddle.
- Solved a visual bug that has an influence on the feet appearance of the players when they put on Leo Jumpsuit and Ghillie Suit together.
- Solved a bug where the portions of the body of a player would be see-through with some clothing combinations equipped.
- Solved a bug where the parts of the waist of a player would be see-through when putting on some clothes combined.
- Solved a bug where the parts of the hand of a player would be see-through when wearing combined clothes.