Check out some major changes in PUBG Update 5.3 for Consoles! This is the final update of 2019 that has finally come to PS4/XBox One. When PUBG Season 5 begins to end, you will experience the last month of the year with a wide range of awesome updates. The patch notes below here will include all information about feature adjustments, upgrades, improvements, new settings, items, bug fixes and more.
Note: The Console Update 5.3 will not have a PUBG Test Server update. Before diving into the patch notes, make sure you check out the live maintenance schedule as shown below:
Live Maintenance Schedule:
- PST: December 18, 9:00 PM ~ December 19, 3:00 AM
- CET: December 19, 6:00 AM ~ December 19, 12:00 PM
The live maintenance schedule is subject to change. If there are any changes, you will be informed.
PUBG Patch Notes Update 5.3 for Consoles
Blood effect improvement
- Merged the blood splash size on all color settings
- Headshots, including the neck area, make a more discrepant visual effect to guarantee a clear acknowledgment of attack.
- Blood splatter will be visible on walls and floors if there is a certain character near it getting hit.
- You will get more accurate information on which body parts have been hit from wounds on characters.
- The maximum number of vending machine uses was lessened from 15 to 10.
- You are now able to see the way you were killed using the new Death Cam feature.
- Death Cam button (PS4: Square / Xbox: X) will be triggered a few seconds in the results screen after you have been killed.
Continuous Item Use option
- Continuous item use of bandages, first aid kits, energy drinks, and pain killers will be now available in the game as an option. Continuous Item Use is used as an option and you can set it in SETTINGS – GAMEPLAY
- If you have more than one of the items mentioned above and usable, when you use it once, you will be able to use it continuously.
- Bandages Only:
- Bandages are the only thing that you can keep using.
- You cannot use any items continuously
- Even with this option, keeping action feature will still be added.
- If you can use plenty of heal items, you will continuously use the item when holding onto the item use button.
- You don’t have to press the item use whenever you want to use the item.
- Feel free to pick your “favorite weapon” in the mastery tab
- The weapon you have picked will be visible as the first weapon stat in your PUBG ID, no matter what level it is at.
- You will favorite the weapon if you click R-Stick(Xbox)/R3(PS4) while hovering a weapon
- Known Issue: At the moment, the button guide will be shown in English only. The other languages for the button guide will be available in January.
- When you favorite a weapon, you will see a gold star right beside a chosen weapon.
- Only individual weapons can be favorited, not categories.
- You can only have one favorite weapon.
- You always see your preferred weapon at your top list, even if you are using the shorting feature.
PUBG ID: Platform Identification
- Now, you can check out which platform you are playing on through PUBG ID.
- Similar to cross-platform play, there are three ways to display platform icons.
- Xbox icon: If you are an Xbox player, you can see other players playing on Xbox with an Xbox icon.
- PlayStation icon: if you are a PlayStation player, you can see other players playing on PlayStation with a PlayStation icon.
- Common icon: You will see the common icons on the other players’ PUBG IDs, who are playing on other platforms.
- Cached data will be eliminated when moving to the lobby after each match is completed in order to lessen the rate of game crash.
- You are unable to change the language while you are in a match.
- All PGC signs and banners on Miramar have been wiped out of the game.
Survivor Pass: Badlands
- The existing season of both the Survivor Pass and Survival Title System will come to an end on January 21 KST
- Survivor Pass: From January 1st, two weeks prior to the end of the Badlands, you will see a pop-up message on the screen, counting down on the Survivor Pass banner in the lobby to inform you the ending time of the pass.
- You can still buy Premium Pass and Level-up items until the end of the Pass.
Skins & Items
After the PUBG Update 5.3 has arrived on the live servers, you will see these items in the Store:
- 2 types of purchasable BattleStat Weapons (QBU and P1911)
- 2 types of BP Battlestat Weapons (SKS and P92)
- Already solved a problem in which the reticle would tremble throughout ADS with 6X scope armed.
- Already gave a solution to a problem in which the character would move forcibly when shooting DBS in some circumstances.
- Made a solution to a problem in which BRDM collision damage was much higher than intended.
- Made a solution to an issue in which a moving disjointed player’s character would float on air when broken by a prone character.
- Already solved a problem in which vehicles would get trapped in tree branches in some circumstances.
- There was a reduction in a problem that made players get bumped into the air as they were reaching close to some objects.
- Gave a solution to a problem in which only the ammo of one weapon is updated in the inventory when the players have more than one weapon using the identical ammo type.
- Addressed a problem in which the size of the character would be shown wrongly in the lobby when reaching the lobby after viewing the preview of the PGC 2019 bundle.
- Gave a solution to a problem in which the character rendering is not done early when switching gender while making a character.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the item equipped icon and new item notification icon would be seen at the same place in the CUSTOMIZE menu.
- Gave a solution to a problem in which framerate priority and resolution priority option was shown wrongly in SETTINGS (Xbox One X).
- Already fixed a problem in which the accelerate buff icon was not shown properly on weapon HUD.
- Made a fix to a problem in which moving in the lobby was restricted after some actions were implemented when in the Last Match report screen.
- Gave a solution to a problem in which healing message UI would fade away when the system menu is opened while healing.
Skins and Items
- Gave a fix to a problem in which [BATTLESTAT] Refined Mictlantecuhtli Groza kill count would not be shown properly.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the thighs of the character would be shown improperly when some skins are armed.